Managers know that shift schedules are a “hot button” topic at extended hours and shiftwork operations. Employees care passionately about their schedules, so if management engages their workforce in a positive and productive manner it represents a significant opportunity to boost morale, performance and retention.
Before you make any decisions - and risk exposing your operation to avoidable mistakes, unnecessary costs, and potential alienation of the workforce - schedule an onsite workshop with CIRCADIAN. Over the past 40-years CIRCADIAN has seen the full spectrum of extended hours and shiftwork operations and has guided hundreds of diverse operations through scheduling projects.
If This Is Your Situation:
- Interested in changing your shift schedules or evaluating alternative options.
- Struggling with retention and the schedule has been cited as a problem.
- Want to learn about the pros & cons of various schedule features (e.g. 8 vs 12-hr shifts, fixed vs rotating shifts, etc).
- Interested in expanding operating hours from 24/5 to 24/7.
How CIRCADIAN Can Help You:
As a neutral, third-party shiftwork and shift scheduling expert, CIRCADIAN is well-equipped to evaluate the performance of your work schedules and shiftwork practices and provide recommendations for improvement.
Our educational, planning, and strategy workshops enable us to meet with your site and/or corporate leadership team to:
- Review the pertinent site issues, goals, and objectives.
- Conduct a professional assessment of the current schedule(s).
- Share shift scheduling and staffing fundamentals (i.e., trends, concepts, example schedules, etc.).
- Provide technical input on evaluating shift schedules and engaging your workforce to conduct a change management process.
- Present a formal educational program that will promote understanding, stimulate thinking, and generate informed decision-making along the way.
Quite often the workshop provides sufficient information for the client to move forward on their own to develop a shift schedule (if desired). In other cases, clients wish to retain our continued services as a 3rd party expert to help facilitate the scheduling change management process or support other shiftwork-related initiatives.
Contact A Shift Scheduling Expert
If you're having an issue with your shift schedules, or you are simply thinking about updating them, we'd be happy to put you in touch with one of our shift scheduling experts.
- Call us at 781-439-6300 auto-dial
- Email us at
- Fill out our web contact form.
- White Paper: Biocompatible Shift Scheduling
- White Paper: The Advantages and Disadvantages of 12-hour Shifts
- Case Study: Determine and Implement the Optimal Shift Schedule in a Union Shop