The leading international research and consulting firm on fatigue risk management in 24/7 shiftwork operations (www.circadian.com) seeks a full-time seasoned and self-motivated individual to join our team in the investigation and forensic analysis of transportation and industrial human error accidents. The research assistant/coordinator will be an integral part of our litigation support team and help to develop empirically based opinions regarding the likelihood of human error, sleep deprivation, sleep disorders and/or human fatigue as a contributory factor to human error incidents.
She/he will gather and collate research garnered from online and case materials, organize and track the materials from multiple case files, conduct online literature searches, proofread reports and presentations, support the litigation manager, and be willing to pinch-hit for other business units when needed.
The ideal candidates will be highly organized, detail-oriented, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and can respond in a timely manner to client deadlines. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters who work with accuracy and a sense of urgency, and who are creative problem-solvers.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the paper management of multiple cases and develop an in-house system for distribution and tracking.
- Make substantive contributions to multi-disciplinary team investigating operator fatigue in accidents through online research activities and active participation in team meetings.
- Detailed data entry.
- Monitor and report business metrics upon request.
- Manage the administrative side of all litigation cases, including but not limited to calendar management, invoicing and billing, and client interface.
- Work closely with litigation business unit lead to enhance and optimize the team task flow, ensuring timely delivery of services to all clients.
- Supporting other CIRCADIAN business units upon request.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to pay attention to detail, while effectively managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and a familiarity with CRM and other online billing software tools
- Strong organizational skills with ability to track multiple files assigned to different team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently and motivation to continually learn and improve.
- Sense of ownership of all work product, willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.