Despite many years experience in shiftwork and 24 hour operations, the printing industry faces special challenges with the productivity and safety of its workforce – and does so in an increasingly competitive global market. This includes new competitors, new markets and the ever-cyclical roller coaster of demand and prices.
Traditional approaches to hiring, scheduling and training no longer address today’s challenges and increased risks and liabilities. At the same time, the emergence of new products and processes and markets provides the chance to build human-centered high performance chemical processing facilities and 24/7 workforces from the ground up -- and avoid the costly engrained mistakes of the past.
- Unpredictable workload. Because of seasonal and other irregular demands, the unpredictable workload can be very challenging when trying to meet customer needs.
- Increased automation. With fewer employees required to do the work, it is essential that all employees be focused and alert while working.
- Inefficient scheduling. Trying to match shiftworker preferences with the demand for work often leads to schedules that meet neither employee concerns nor business needs. This often translates to higher overtime and turnover.
How CIRCADIAN can help you
- Staffing level analysis. Using advanced analysis techniques, CIRCADIAN can identify the optimal staffing levels for your operation taking into account the fluctuations in demand that are inherent in the communications industry.
- Shift schedule optimization. CIRCADIAN works with both managers and employees to identify a set of ideal schedule solutions to meet business and family/social needs.
- Fatigue risk management systems. Comprehensive fatigue management programs will map out the course of action to maintain high safety standards while reducing costs associated with fatigue-related errors and incidents.
- Managing a shiftwork lifestyle. These programs assist shiftworkers with managing their personal health, which will help minimize healthcare costs as well as turnover and absenteeism.
For more information about CIRCADIAN's Services Solutions:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 781-439-6300