CIRCADIAN® is the global leader in providing 24/7 workforce performance and safety solutions for businesses that operate around the clock. Through a unique combination of consulting expertise, research and technology, software tools and informative publications, CIRCADIAN helps organizations in the 24-hour economy optimize employee performance and reduce the inherent risks and costs of their extended hours operations.
Working from offices in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, CIRCADIAN experts ensure that over half the Fortune 500, and other leading international companies, improve their competitiveness in the global 24/7 economy. CIRCADIAN’s core expertise is the staffing, scheduling, training and risk management of their most vital asset – the 24/7 workforce.
Founded in 1983 by Dr. Martin Moore-Ede, a former professor at Harvard Medical School and author of the best-selling book “The Twenty-Four Hour Society”, CIRCADIAN has led the development of innovative new technologies and tools to enable employees to successfully adapt to today’s high performance 24/7 workplace.
Areas of Expertise:
- Proven change management process for determining and implementing site-specific, optimal shift schedules
- Support companies as they expand from a 5-day to a continuous 24/7 operation, including strategy and business case development and employee change management approaches
- Determine optimal staffing and crewing levels and managing overtime
- Create win-win scheduling solutions for management, unions, and employees
- Recognized leader in fatigue risk management consulting and technology
- Expert support of government and industry associations in developing fatigue risk management standards
- Assist clients in complying with industry fatigue management regulations
- Provide tools, technologies, systems, strategies, and consulting in the implementation and management of Fatigue Risk Management Systems
- Provide analytical software tools for fatigue risk root cause analysis of incidents and accidents, and assessment of fatigue risk in the work schedule
- Seminars and workshops for managers and supervisors on shift schedule optimization, staffing, and fatigue risk management system implementation
- Fatigue risk training programs (classroom, Train-the-Trainer, online) for employees and supervisors
- Educational support materials on shiftwork and fatigue (newsletters, booklets, videos)
- Management reports and industry best practices surveys for 24/7 operations
- Gap analyses and fatigue risk assessments of 24/7 operations
- Development of innovative technologies to assess and improve the alertness, performance, health and safety of the 24/7 workforce
- Cost analyses and benchmarking of Key Performance Indicators (absenteeism, turnover, overtime, productivity, safety)
- Extensive databases of shiftwork policies, practices and schedules
- Evaluating new technologies for monitoring and improving employee alertness