Police, Fire, Ambulance
We demand protection, help and information 24/7, and the service industries provide it around the clock. But directly servicing people and their needs around-the-clock is a high stress, high demand job where employee fatigue and burnout can significantly undermine performance.
Emergency services require expert and compassionate assistance, on a minute’s notice, in situations where life and death may hang in the balance. Therefore, it is important to have schedules and programs that address the unique challenges of these vital public services.
- Staff scheduling: Demand for service employees is rarely constant during the week. There are peak times of the day and week where more employees are needed. Conversely there are times when employees would be idle if too many were scheduled to be working.
- Fatigued Employees: The cumulative effect of night work, extended hours, and high rates of job-related stress can lead to fatigue-impaired employees unless proactive steps are taken to reduce the risk.
- Turnover: High levels of stress and fatigue increases the risk of turnover.
- Night Shift Errors: People are most likely to make mistakes in the pre-dawn “window of circadian low.” And in the service industry, errors can be costly or even deadly.
How CIRCADIAN can help you
For 30 years Circadian has been helping companies in the service industry deal with the challenges of their line or work through the following areas:
- Shift Schedule Optimization: Through proportional staffing, schedules can be optimized based on demand (from 911 call volume), reducing idle time, overtime, and providing better public safety.
- Staffing Level Analysis: The optimal staffing level can be determined by an algorithm that provides a step-by-step analysis of the essential positions to be filled on each shift.
- Managing a Shiftwork Lifestyle: This on-site training program provides critical information to help employees deal with the challenges of working shiftwork, especially the night shift. Includes information on fatigue, alertness, sleep, nutrition, health, family/social life and more.
- Fatigue risk management systems Comprehensive fatigue management programs will map out the course of action to maintain high safety standards while reducing costs associated with fatigue-related errors and incidents.
For more information about CIRCADIAN's Services Solutions:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 781-439-6300